Sunday, March 18, 2012

Roman's First Friend Birthday Party

With Capri's party on a Friday, Roman's party on a Saturday, and us leaving for a cruise on Sunday, I knew I had to keep it simple. Roman loves to swim and so I thought a pool party would be ideal. He loved the idea and loved it even more when he found out we were incorporating a pirate theme. We held the party at our gym, Lifetime Fitness, and many of our friends are also members which made it that much easier as they came to help out.
We showed up to the party room and started to decorate. The greatest thing happened when one of the Lifetime employees asked if she could help. Her and and another gal took over from there and I didn't have to lift a finger-it was awesome! They decorated, served the pizza and drinks, organized a game of pin the patch on the pirate, and then cleaned everything up!
The kids had a blast bouncing off the walls in that room and Roman was eating the whole thing up. We opened presents and he seriously couldn't believe that they were all for him to open. Best. Day. Ever.
Ready to eat pizza and start the party!
Pin the patch on the pirate...
Opening presents-this was huge for Roman!
All of our super supportive friends and family-what would I do without them?! Thank you all so much-especially those that had to get in and swim-you are all the best!

We then geared up and headed to the pool. I was nervous about having 12 kids in the pool at once, but with all of the extra dads and helpers, it was totally good. All of the kids loved playing and swimming to their hearts content. Now comes the bad news, I have no pictures! They wouldn't let me take any pictures in the pool area and I am so sad about it. Oh well, it was exciting enough that I think Roman will always remember such a perfect birthday party when he turned five years old!

No comments: