Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Capri's First Friend Birthday Party!

Capri was so excited to be having her first birthday party with friends. She knew immediately that it was to be a ballerina birthday and I took it from there. I had so much fun planning this party from the invites, to the activities, to the decor. It was absolutely perfect...I guess you could say this frame was my jumping off point-sweet and pink!
The dessert table included Taffy Wands, Pretty Pink Popcorn, Marshmallow Hearts, Pink Lemonade, Cute Cupcakes, and Jumping Jellybeans. I used a print kit from TomKat Studios made specially for ballerinas which was perfect (and much easier for me!). I kept the treats super cheap and simple but they really added to the ballet pink theme!
I am always a sucker for tissue pompoms-so cheap and yet they add a big punch of color and whimsy. I also used Capri's ballet books as well as her cherished Madam Alexander dolls to decorate the counter. You can't see them very well, but we used doilies as place mats for their wand decorating activity. Too cute!
Here is my birthday girl waiting for her guests to arrive...
Once the darling little girls showed up, it was time to get started. Each of them had a crown to wear and a wand to decorate. They loved all of the jewels and ribbons!
Tutu-check, crown-check, wand-check. Now we can dance with a real ballerina! My sister was AMAZING and came dressed in her Snow White wedding costume (something she wore when she was 14 years old and she was wearing it again at the age of 32-crazy!) ready to teach these girls a fun ballet class. Capri was absolutely speechless when Cheri came in and couldn't have been more thrilled to have her there for her ballerina birthday. It was perfect!
They started with warmups-point, flex, bunny ears!
Lots of plies and tendues...
One of the favorite activities of the class was leaping over the point shoe. This was one of the best pictures I captured of sweet Elise:
We can't forget port de bras!
The girls loved free dance time as well. They would have kept going forever if we had let them! Twirling and leaping to Disney songs, it just doesn't get any better than that!
Here are the ballerinas for the day:
We hurried to open up presents and enjoy our cupcakes and ice cream to wrap up the party...
I just love how happy Capri was to be opening up her gifts. Having a day all to herself was something new and very exciting!
Nadia, Mikayla, Capri, Nicole and London enjoying their cupcakes!
We then assembled their treat bags to take home and took a few more pictures with Cheri, the ballerina princess. It was so cute to see them light up as if she was a character at Disneyland!
Capri lit up the most and couldn't have been happier on this very special day!
Two of the cutest ballerinas you ever did see!
I love having girls!

1 comment:

Nicole M said...

Such a darling ballerina birthday party!!! I need to steal a few of these pictures!