Sunday, June 5, 2011

Disneyland in a day...

I seriously couldn't wait to take my kids back to Disneyland. They had so much fun last time and have continued to talk about all of the rides, characters and princesses. This time around, we were going to have to fit it all in a day and we did it! We had absolutely the most perfect day with temperatures in the 70s, no lines-longest was 15 minutes, and of course we were with all of the family which made it that much more fun. The kids behaved, the adults acted like kids, and a great time was had by all!
We were worried about lines getting lengthy and so we made a beeline for the Matterhorn as soon as we entered the park. None of the little kids had been on this ride and so it was quite the ride to start out with. As soon as we stopped Capri said, "That was too scary and I don't want anymore scary rides!" With that in mind, we decided to hit something super safe, Winnie the Pooh.
Here are the twins, Roman wearing Kaleb's hat and feeling pretty cool:
Even Karoline could enjoy the ride with us:
Rob and Kaleb who was a bit nervous after the Matterhorn and didn't realize how easy peasy this next one would be:
Dumbo is a must and everyone joined in the fun. Jon and Richard-you are the best uncles ever!
The Ford Family-London's first time on Dumbo!
You can't do Disneyland without It's A Small World. This has to be Capri's favorite ride and I have now listened to the song a bazillion times since this trip. Loved watching Karoline dance on the boat:
Autotopia. The kids are still asking to drive the car by themselves. Again, thank you to our awesome uncles-Richard got paired up with Roman and I am sure it was a bumpy ride!
Roman saw his cousins with their awesome pirate swords and he just had to have one too. He couldn't have been happier...Me and the kids in the tea cup...and no, we did not go on the actual ride and I don't think I ever will!
The Princesses!
The whole Curtis Clan at the Happiest Place On Earth...it doesn't get much better than that!

2 comments:

Katie M. said...

Okay we totally haven't done the Disneyland thing forever. Well, as a married couple, we've never done it. I think we may have to hop on the bandwagon here and get that one under our belt.

And speaking of belt, we really need to hang. I mean, you're here in DB, I'm here in E.L. of DB.. let's coordinate something. Do you wanna hit the road running sometime too???

Nicole M said...

Oh I love this!! That last picture is my fav...the whole curtis clan together (I still want to see Jon!). Glad you guys had a blast! Karoline is so stinkin cute...let's get the girls all together and play asap! We're finally over the sicknesses, so I'll call you.