Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cuteness...

These were taken a month ago, but I had to post just a few from my little photo shoot with Karoline:

Karoline has been such a delight. She is rolling from her tummy to her back, is all smiles, laughs for her siblings (is there anything that sounds better than a baby laughing?), loves to eat her hands, tries to hold her bottle, coos, and now grabs her toes. Her favorite thing still is to be talked and sung to. She has been incredibly alert from day one and really doesn't want to miss out on any of the action around her. I swear she could sit and watch Roman and Capri play all day. This may be the reason why she won't sleep during the day. I am lucky if she sleeps for more than 30 minutes for each nap...Karoline taking cat naps leads to a very unproductive mom! Thankfully she is sleeping great at night, usually from 9:00pm til about 5 or 6:00am. She then eats for 10 minutes and then is back to sleep for another couple of hours. I feel like a new woman getting sleep like that! Karoline is also starting to take a bottle really well now which means I can leave her with others. I left her with Tucker tonight and I was loving the evening out at my sister's baby shower, so nice. I wonder, however, if I can continue this pattern of nursing in the morning, evening, and once or twice during the day. Will my milk dry up if I'm not nursing every time? Feedback please.
Anyway, life is good, extra good with this little one.

3 comments:

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

it totally depends on the person. i pumped just once a day for about a month and i dried up...others they can pump all the time and they are fine. try it out. if you start to dry up and you don't want to, you can take those pills that will make your supply come back. :)

Perry's said...

Oh she is such a doll!!!

Nicole M said...

I love that you titled your blog "cuteness"...that's what my mom calls Naomi too! She is a cute one Alysha...so smiley. I love her!