Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Birthday to Roman and Capri!

We had such a great party for Roman and Capri. I really wanted to make it fun considering their world is about to be rocked with this new baby coming. After thinking about little games or crafts for them to do, I realized what they want most is to be able to just play with their cousins, Spencer, Kaleb and Eli. It couldn't have turned out better with the unexpected cousins from California, Ava and Lily, here as well. They were absolutely spoiled with gifts and the kids had such a great time helping open and play with everything. The night wouldn't have been complete without great food and lots of desserts-the cupcakes were from heaven and my mouth is watering just thinking about them. What made it really fun for me was the fact that they actually knew it was their birthday, that they were now three, and that we were going to have a party just for them...with balloons of course.
The Cadillac Escalade was a huge hit with all of the kids, and we didn't even have the battery in! It should be quite the attraction come springtime...You can see how excited Capri was with her new Zhu Zhu pet-a definite favorite!Roman learned how to strike a match from the fun uncle Cody. How many three year-olds can say they lit their own candles? Unfortunately, he wasn't content with just that, so Daddy let him light a couple more and play-he would blow one out, light it back up with the other and repeat. Seriously, who lets their kids play with fire?After everyone had left, Capri and Roman were still on cloud nine playing with their new toys and munching on the divine sugar cookies-thank you bakers de normandie!Oh, and let's not forget the Rice Krispies at 8:00 that night!

2 comments:

Mom of three ♥ said...

They are so darling! I just love the picture in the other post of Roman in Capri's bed. My twins are the same way, best friends and I love it!
I dread the day however that I have to take them out of their cribs and put them in beds. I am glad that your kids stay in their beds now. I have heard terrible stories of other peoples kids that won't stay in their own beds!
Glad they had so much fun on their birthday!
Good luck with everything this week and I can't wait to see pictures of baby Karoline!

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

HAPPY BIRThDAY ROMAN AND CAPRI!!! I am so glad you were able to have their party before your next baby came! You are due SOO soon I can not believe it! Good luck and let us know as soon as it happens!