Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Pool

Capri's favorite part of our trip was hanging out at the various pools and hot tubs. She is still a bit fearful of the beach-icky sand and loud waves aren't her thing-but she did much better than ever before. Still, the pools were perfect for her and Roman. They had a kiddie pool next to two big pools and several hot tubs. They would go from one to the other with smiles plastered on their faces. Something about taking a cup of water from one and throwing it into the other or going from the cold pool into the hot tub-bliss!
They loved their rings and both would push off one end to get to the other side of the tub. I loved that Capri would keep her legs perfectly straight and her bum all tight as if she were trying for water ballet.
Roman was a bit too brave and would push so hard that he would almost flip forward. I guess I should have expected that from him being the fish that he is!Roman loved that he could walk around the entire kiddie pool by himself. You could tell the water was cold because he would try and keep his arms up. Right after I took this picture he slipped and went right under, but came back up smiling ear to ear and ran over to the hot tub.
Capri in transition from the kiddie pool to the big pool:
Capri giving Grampy a shower-I am sure he loved that!
One of the greatest things about the pool is the slide. No, it's not much, but my kids thought it was about the best thing ever. Roman had no problem going alone, but Capri requested Daddy's help...
Notice how she is covering her ears? For some reason, whenever she gets scared (and it's often due to loud noises), she resorts to this:
Roman speeding down with a look of joy mixed with a bit of anxiousness!

2 comments:

Nicole M said...

WOW!!! I love it. All of it. I want to go to Hawaii so bad! You'll have to fill me in on the details when I see you...like where you guys stayed (looks amazing!). Can't wait to see you! Your kids looked like they had a blast too...I love that first shot of Capri...darling.

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

Looks like a fantastic trip!!!!!!! Hey, should I mail you the check for Julie's shower? Sorry i can't be there. Love the pics of Capri, she is turning into quite the model!