Sunday, October 4, 2009

Night, Night

Our nightly routine consists of reading or telling a story first and lately it has been Mom and Dad's version of Cinderella per Capri's request. I don't mind at all considering the responses I get every time. As soon as I mention that Cinderella's stepsisters tear her dress into pieces, Roman says, "oh, broke," and Capri says, "oh no!" Then, when you talk about the beautiful new dress that the fairy godmother makes, Capri waves her hand as if she had the wand. They both express worry when Cinderella drops her shoe as well. Such empathy for such an early age.
After "the end," Capri jumps in with "prayer." They both fold their arms as Mom or Dad begins to say prayer and have recently started trying to repeat what we say. "Amens" are said to complete the prayer and then we give our final hugs and kisses.
Tonight was extra sweet. As Tucker was asking for our new baby's health, Roman reached out to pat my belly. Both patted or rubbed my tummy and said "night, night" to their baby brother or sister. Then Capri said, "kisses" and puckered up for us. I couldn't have been happier when getting a kiss and told both of them that I loved them. Capri replied, "I love you...Thanks Mommy." My heart melted. Tucker and I both agreed that no matter what trouble they get in during the day, with that treatment at night, they are the sweetest things we could ever hope for!
p.s. This doesn't have anything to do with nightly routines, but I can't forget it. Earlier this evening, Capri was in timeout and letting the entire house know how she felt about that. Roman couldn't handle it for too long and soon walked over to find her laying down on the ground. He then laid down next to her and continued to rub her back (his very favorite thing!). Again, my heart melted.

1 comment:

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

that is so cute! They're going to be good older siblings!