Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thank you Joy!

As you may know, my kids and portrait studios do not mix. I have taken them to Target and Kiddie Kandids only to return with zero pictures. It always turns out with one or both crying (and mom crying on the inside) within 15 minutes, no smiles to speak of and simply no cooperation. Hate it. To be honest, I always thought I would be the mom to have their kids pictures done more than regularly because hey, these are memories and you really can't put a price on that, right? Whatever. It's not the money, it's the severe anxiety and drama.
That being said, I was desperate for some pictures of the twins and our family before it changed with another baby on the way. I saw that an old friend of mine was going to be in town and was willing to do a few sessions so I secured a spot in her schedule. I have always loved her work, but she has always been in another state so I was so excited to have her attempt taking a few pictures of my kids.
Let me just say that the pictures turned out beyond anything I could have imagined! Tucker and I have looked at them so many times now and are still in awe. I keep thinking, "when did she get that picture?" and "how in the world did she get them to smile" and "oh, I love those sweet expressions and she somehow captured them!" Needless to say, I couldn't be happier and am so grateful she is such a talented photographer!
Check the pictures out on her blog: http://joyalicephotography.blogspot.com/

No comments: