Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Just a few more...

Maybe I simply cannot say goodbye to summer or maybe I just found a bunch of pics that had to be added to the blog...a bit of both I guess? This time it's for sure, however, that summer is no longer and I wanted to give it a proper farewell.

Summer is...
*Eating watermelon, especially when Tucker digs it out with a spoon.
*Taking the kids on morning runs and no sweatshirts or blankets required.
*Hanging out on the boat.
*Campfires in the backyard.
*All of the neighbors out and about til dark-love the chats.
*Simply being outside.
*Roman riding his tricycle and busting with pride...or maybe that was his mom being so proud.
*Capri "helping" mom weed or work in the yard by scattering picked weeds and dirt with her Dora shovel.
*Taking care of my flowers and letting the kids help me water-it always ended with them needing a change of clothes.
*Relaxing at the Splash Pool while my kids wear themselves out.
*Grammy's blow-up pool-the kids loved fishing with their little nets best.
*Having the time to see friends and family.
*Going to Bear Lake with my girls.
*The fact that the sun doesn't go down til 9:00pm or later.
*Going up the canyon and enjoying what Mother Nature has to offer.
*BBQ's on a weekly basis.
*Running the 10K race on 24th of July with my family.
*Daybreak's new beach/playground-we finally have sand and swings!
*Playing dodgeball with the fam and friends-don't worry, just the adults in the game!
*Watching Roman learn how to dribble the soccer ball and Capri learn how to "run fast" as she tells me.

So many fun memories this past summer and I can't wait until next year. However, I do love the fall as well and am already getting excited about the slight crispness in the air, the changing of the colors, and yes, the upcoming holiday season!

1 comment:

Susie said...

Such great pictures and such great memories!!