Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

I feel incredibly blessed today because I know I have the bestest Daddy for my kids. Tucker is the most wonderful father to Roman and Capri and I really don't know anyone who loves their children more. Ok, so I am sure all of you think that about your husbands, but Tucker is no exception. He loves to play with them which is why they will never sit still in church with him around. The twins know that if Daddy is there that it must be time to be swung around, launched into the air, shaken (Tucker says that he has "shake the baby syndrome," but don't worry-it is totally safe!), or just bounced up and down. He will also read with them, which must be a favorite for the three of them.
Seeing as how worthless I am by the end of the day, Tucker gladly takes the kids off my hands for a minute so that I can rejuvenate. Let me tell you how nice this is, especially because he does it without even asking. Taking walks in the evening is getting to be a daily task and that freetime for me is superb.
Because we started out with twins, Tucker has had to take on much more of the care-taking than if we only had one child at a time. That means more diapers to be changed, more mouths to feed, more clothes to launder, more crying to hear, and much less sleep. Nothing gets him down, however, even when if it's one of the babies waking up much too early after an already late night. He automatically gets up and takes Roman or Capri downstairs. Am I the luckiest mom and wife in the world?! I think so and I want to thank him ever so much for all he does. I love you!

2 comments:

Susie said...

We are so grateful that our kids are so much in love. Life is so much more fun when you can be in love with your spouse! You are a fabulous couple!

Ben and Natalie said...

So cute! Tucker is such a good DAD. :) Happy Father's Day!