Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Big Week!

What a fabulous week for the Nielson Family! I am excited to publish this post now that we are back from Salt Lake. We had a great trip and are so grateful for Susie and Keith for letting me and the kids take over the house, especially when they are trying to plan a wedding! Thank you and we are already missing you! And to my mom, even though you were going to be hosting over 100 people, you were so wonderful to have us for Rob's birthday.
Now, let's start with Sunday, Mother's Day. I cannot tell you what it means to me to be a mother. It is my calling, my duty, my wish and my love. My children are absolutely everything to me and I cannot imagine my life any other way. I wouldn't trade this job for any of the success on Wall Street and I am so grateful for the ability to stay home with these sweet babies, I mean toddlers. That's right, I have two kids toddling away-still so happy to be their mother but please, pray for me. Tucker was sweet to surprise me with bright pink azaleas to plant in our pots along with my own pink garden tools! We also went in with my parents for a Mother's/Father's Day present and got an elliptical machine which I am loving.
Next big day of the week was May 15th, our 6th anniversary! Neither Tucker or I could believe it had been six years since we had been married, we still feel like newlyweds-all except for the two kids part. : ) Tucker is and will always be the love of my life. He is such an incredible husband and father to Roman and Capri and I feel so lucky to have found such a catch. I know everyone says that there isn't just one person for you to marry, but Tucker is THE ONE and only for me. He is a huge help with the kids, creates his own honey-do lists, is the rock of the family to keep the stress away from me, makes all of us laugh, and knows exactly how to care for me. I love him dearly and can't wait to see what is in store for us in the future. I wanted to post a few pictures from our wedding day (it was a fabulous wedding, let me tell you!) but all of my pictures are in Salt Lake so here are a few of the two of us doing our favorite things:

In McKinney, TX visiting the Ludwigs and Fords:
Hiking Albion Basin:Cucumber Beach in Belize:On Waikiki Beach in Hawaii (yes, I am only 5 months pregnant):To top the week off we held my Grandpa's 80th birthday on Saturday. It turned into a family reunion and it was great to visit with friends and family we hadn't seen in years. I have always loved my Grandpa-he is where I get my fabulous sense of humor and why I learned how to play poker at the age of eight. Did I mention what an amazing magician he was? He definitely knew how to entertain us and we always loved his visits.

9 comments:

Joy said...

Happy Anniversary to you! 6 years...wow! I love the pics and the ones in the post below. They are so darling. Hooray for Roman walking too!

Claire said...

You are right... May is the best month for weddings! What a cute couple.

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Happy 6 years, that is fantastic. I love those pictures of you guys - you are so cute! I love that Tucker got you pink gardening tools, that is so cute! And we have an elliptical too - aren't they the best?

Nicole M said...

Happy Anniversary Alysha!! Those are great pictures of you and Tucker. I totally remember when you first met him/were dating him and I just thought you were the cutest couple...still are!! I'm glad I got to be a part of YOUR wedding on that beautiful day at Heritage Gardens!

By the way, you are a stinker. I wish you would have called me when you were in Salt Lake! I would have LOVED to see you and come visit. I miss you, it's been way too long.

Lindsey S. said...

Happy Anniversary! It really feels like you got married yesterday and it feels like we were in Lake Powell like last year, but it was a while ago!

Mari Burgess said...

I cannot believe I am on my third child and I haven't seen you since I was pregnant with Connor, I don't even think I've seen you when I was pregnant!!! I miss seeing all of you! Jim and I watched a video of the first Lake trips everyone had together, Tucker had died his hair like a skunk...everyone was so young and annoying!! I loved it!! Come see us!!!

Ben and Natalie said...

This is such a cute post. You and Tucker are just so cute and congrats on 6 years and MANY more to come. :)

The Paulks said...

Happy Anniversary! I think you guys make a pretty good couple... when do we get to see you again?

the gray gang said...

I just wanted to say hi!!! You are such a darling couple! I thought that your post was so sweet! You sound sooo happy!!! I loved reading your blog! I will be seeing my granparents tomorrow and I will tell them you said hi! You look GREAT!