Sunday, May 31, 2015

Ski School

Grammy gave the kids another great round of ski lessons for Christmas this year. Even Karoline started up there at Alta Ski School and had a great season! Roman and Capri only do the lifts now which is just awesome. They gained a lot of confidence which allowed them to progress that much faster. Karoline was such a champ and never complained. She has mastered the Magic Carpet so hopefully will make it on the lift next year. They all did awesome for only 5 lessons.
One quick story for the books. Getting 3 kids ready in snow gear, everything packed, and up the canyon (a good 45 minutes away) can be tough. Thank goodness my kids were troopers and happy to help. Well on our third day up, I had just parked the car when Karoline mentioned that she wasn't feeling good. I told her that she had probably gotten a bit car sick and that we just need to get her out of the car. Unfortunately, we weren't fast enough. I am just about to get her out when she throws up all over…twice. I don't think I will ever be able to eat bananas and peanut  butter again. It was all over her fleece and sweat pants, car seat, and car. What to do?! I only had 20 minutes before they needed to be checked in and we still needed to rent their skis! I was about to turn around, but I had put so much effort into getting them there and she was feeling fine. So, I decided to give it a go. I figured she could just wear her thermals. Oops, her thermals had also gotten soaked through. To the ski shop we go! I threw on everyone's snow pants and coats and raced over. I quickly found some thermal bottoms and a fleece and, despite the ridiculous price tag, was so relieved. We got her dressed and headed over to the equipment. I had gotten to know the guys there and so I felt like I could fill them in on the situation so they could be quick and get us all outfitted in time for our lesson. They were awesome! We had all three in boots with skis in hand in 5 minutes! The kids made it to their lessons and they all had a great time! Karoline made sure to tell everyone she came in contact with about how she threw up bananas and peanut butter all over the car…twice. 
Getting the hang of things...
She is ready!
The twins had so much fun together and were often the only kids in their lesson! Their instructor took this picture on their way down!



No comments: