Sunday, May 24, 2015

A few days in paradise...

My husband spoiled me rotten with a trip to Hawaii with my girlfriends. We had enough miles for me to fly free and my sister and friends got super cheap tickets so away we went!
Jenn got really sick a couple of days before and we were worried she might not make it. She plowed through, however, and after a ridiculously long day of traveling (3 layovers coming from New York!) made it to Hawaii right before I did. Cheri and Annelise had arrived earlier that day and had fallen asleep. I called Cheri, woke her up, and she came racing to pick us up. It was 11:30PM but much later our time. Funny thing is, that after all that, we stayed up for another 2 hours grocery shopping and talking. It had been so long since I had seen Jenn and I guess we were just really eager to catch up! 
We all woke up early the next morning despite our lack of sleep. We were ready to get to the beach pronto and I literally couldn't wait! Lanikai is a dream. It is my heaven. It is absolute paradise and that day was absolutely perfect. To be at the beach, sun shining, no kids to worry about, talking nonstop with my best of friends, and even taking a nap if I wanted-what can I say? I was loving it!

We stopped for Keneke's for the island's best shave ice before heading home.

We ate at the Shack for dinner on the water. The perfect way to end the perfect day!
The next day we went to Waikiki for some more time on the beach and a bit of shopping.

It started to rain so back to the condo we went for some hot tubbing and extreme picture taking…

Waikiki was a hit the next day….all day. We were at the beach for hours! We even ventured out to the wall where Annelise took some amazing pictures. I am sure we will be put on the cover of some hawaii magazine sometime soon...
This is me trying not to fall off once the wave hit. I know, I am such a natural.
This is only slightly better.
When it was time to eat, we splurged and ate at Duke's for lunch. Eating on Waikiki Beach is a must once in your life! We also got matching headbands...because that's what you do when you are mothers...

The next day was Sunday and so to church we went. I love that many of our conversations throughout the weekend were on spiritual church related topics. These girls are such good examples for me! Going to church was well worth it and we all loved hearing the sweet messages. As soon as we got out…double rainbow! 


We then hiked up to Makapuu for our final Hawaii activity. It was awesome! Annelise was amazing as she made it all the way up at 7 months pregnant!

The tippy top was windy!

It was such a great trip and I will always love these ladies. I love them for their kindness, their listening ear, their encouragement and support, and their willingness to make our friendship a lasting one. We are all so busy in this stage of life and Jenn lives clear across the country, and yet with the effort made, we continue on as such good friends…and sister!

No comments: