Friday, April 12, 2013

President's Day Weekend

President's Day Weekend is one of the most popular times for people to migrate down south, and now I know why. Beautiful weather, a break from the winter, and the Parade of Homes. We joined the migration along with the Fords, my parents, and our friends the Phillips and Ross'.  It was a great getaway as always, but this trip was particularly fun due to our fun hiking day with everyone.
We headed up Snow Canyon and tried out a new little hike that is only open during the fall and winter months-perfect timing. The hike was totally doable for even the 3 year-olds which made it perfect. All of the older kids stuck together and were totally making an adventure out of it-nothing better than that! Too, the adults all got to hike and talk together, and with it being 65 degrees, it was ideal.
The trail led to a stream, arch, and then a big cavernous end full of sand for the kids to play in...
Karoline has turned into Miss Independent these days. She would not let us hold her for more than 2 seconds and insisted on hiking on her own. But at least she found this great walking stick to help her along!
Zoey, Sarah, and Capri getting dirty and having fun...I promise Zoey was smiling right before I took this picture!
Roman was so into the adventure of it all and used these sticks as his "gun" and "sword."
And here I am with my pregnant belly...27 weeks!
A few of the troop members-Sarah, Danny, Roman, Capri and Cohen.
The burly men-Tucker, Brian, Seth with baby Crew, and my dad.
And the even burlier ladies-Annelise, me, my mom, and Jenn.
The Fords came down that night and we finished the trip off with our normal list of to-dos while down in St. George. Lots of fun and so glad we made it down there for a perfect time-out.

No comments: