Friday, April 12, 2013

Happy Birthday Roman and Capri!

We have two that are six now. My how the time flies! I couldn't believe that I was putting together a birthday party for my twins turning six year old. They seem so big and mature now and I will continue to have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that they keep growing. I also struggled with the fact that I was putting together a birthday party for twenty kids...seriously?!
It was actually a lot of fun. We made it super simple by making it a "Movie Night" theme and held it over at my parent's house to use their huge screen in the basement. The kids were totally sold on the idea from the get go and so I knew it would be a success. I found a birthday kit on Etsy that made the whole party that much cuter and complete including a banner, food labels, cupcake cups, and water bottle labels. The kids got to fill a sack of concession goodies, grab a water, and get a tub of popcorn to take down to the movie...
The setup:
Plenty of yummy treats...
While we were waiting for everyone to get there, we had sent the kids down to play some Just Dance-they were so into it! The only way I got them to line up to head back upstairs was to say they were going to get treats. Here they all are...
And then back downstairs for the movie...
Once the movie was over, the kids came together for cupcakes and presents...

It was a great 6th birthday celebration, but of course we didn't let it end there! That Sunday we had a family birthday party with cousins and Grandparents in attendance. I made an enormous sheet cake and Capri was thrilled to finally be sung to (she was being a bit of a pill at her friend party!):
Daddy and the twins:
Mommy and the twins:
Their actual birthday fell on a Thursday which meant for class treats and birthday crowns at school. Check out my birthday buddies...

They were so excited to hand out donuts to their classmates!
And what's not one more party?! That night we headed to the new Texas Roadhouse that opened up really close. The kids got to ride on the saddle while being sung to and Roman got a kick out of it:
Capri wasn't too thrilled by the idea, but once the employees left, she was happy to saddle up!
Such a fun birthday for my kiddos!

2 comments:

Jennifer Phillips said...

coolest mom ever!! You are going to have to change your blog name to, "And then there were six!"

Nicole M said...

Oh my gosh I'm so glad you posted this...I LOVE seeing all that you did with their birthday theme! It's so cute, and every detail is perfect (I love that table of goodies). So cute. Great job!