Sunday, February 3, 2013

California Here We Come!

Tucker left a few days after Thanksgiving for California. I was not thrilled to say the least. We had just had such a rough couple of weeks that ended with my Grandma's funeral and I wasn't up for being a single mom for the next THREE weeks. Yep, that's how long he was going to be gone. Right in the middle of the most wonderful time of the year, Christmastime. How was I to cope? Meet him there of course!  I knew he would be working a ton as he was opening up three locations, but I figured it would be worth it even if I only saw him here and there. Plus, the kids were off track the entire month of December so it was perfect timing for them.
After two weeks of being on my own, I packed up my kids and I to fly out. So grateful my kids are such great travelers-nothing like getting through airport security with three kids, a stroller, and multiple carry-ons! They were awesome on the plane as well, but we were all so ready to see Daddy there to pick us up at baggage claim!
The kids loved the fact that we were not using a jetway to get off the plane-but even more excited to see Daddy!
First things first, we hopped in our rental cars and went straight to one of the malls Tucker had been working in. Why the mall? Because Santa is there! And not just any old mall Santa, this Santa was the real deal. He was amazing! Him and Tucker had gotten to know each other well since Tucker's kiosk was right next to him. It made the Santa experience that much better when my kids walk up to see him and he calls them all by name! They were smitten! Even Karoline walked right up to him, held up her arms, and let him pick her right up. I was dying. They all gave them their list, but were really just in awe as they sat there with the REAL SANTA!
It kills me that I lost the CD with the professional pictures-they turned out so dang cute. All I have is this lame picture I took with my camera, but it will have to do to document such a sweet moment!
We got some lunch and then headed to the resort. We scored a screaming deal off KSL for a week long stay at Newport Coast Villas and we loved the place! Gorgeous views, full 2 bedroom/kitchen/family room condo, heated pools, an activity center, and parks. It was awesome and I highly recommend it.
My view on my run one morning...
Next day...Disneyland!

No comments: