Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Thanksgiving

After such an awful week, we were more than ready for Thanksgiving break. I have always loved Thanksgiving, as mentioned before I am sure, and I think it is because it kicks off the Holiday season. I love watching the parade with my kids, especially the Broadway numbers, getting the Christmas decorations out, prepping for the big meal, and just spending time with my family without worrying about presents!
We were planning on Thanksgiving being with just the Curtis family, but it ended up being a Head family event with my mom's family coming. We even had my cousins in-laws joining us at the last minute. The more the merrier I guess!
My mom and I did most of the food, turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, candied yams, the works...so delicious! We were so busy cooking and cleaning, however, we didn't get much of a chance to visit with everyone. I think we may need to stick to a smaller group from here on out simply because our family alone is getting so big!
I wish I had taken pictures of the setup-with 40 people, we had it planned perfectly with name place cards, beautiful center pieces, and lots of tables and chairs! Unfortunately, I was so busy I didn't take any pictures...lame, I know. We did get a family shot that I am pretty happy with...
And an attempt at a shot of the little boys...
The girls...love that we have one more joining the group!
We have started a tradition to do a talent show after dinner. I absolutely loved seeing my brother play a duet with his son. All of his boys play now and they have quite the shoes to fill!
Karoline and London did their Wiggles dance and I should have gotten it on video...so cute to see them perform for everyone!

No comments: