Monday, September 10, 2012

The Last of Summer

We had such a fabulous summer. I have never felt so accomplished, and by that I mean, we actually got in tons of fun, went on plenty of field trips, played with lots of friends, and really took advantage of our pool access at Lifetime. I think the fact that my kids were going to start school August 2nd got me into high gear in making our summer the best it could be in 2 1/2 months-it worked!

Nielsons and Ludwigs in town...
A big part of getting lots of fun in had to do with having our cousins in town! We love that Tucker's family spends a few weeks with us each summer. We love getting out to do fun things, letting the kids play 24/7, and just enjoying each other's company. Some highlights include...
The little girls, Naomin, Isla, and Karoline, (aka Nana, Lala, and Koko), were all singing songs and dancing together up on the hot tub. We had to capture the sweet, sweet moment and included some of the other kids:
 Going to the Dinosaur Museum was a huge hit this year. ALL of the kids had a great time and were so excited to complete the "dino footprint" challenge. They also loved the Discovery Room and would stay in there for hours if we let them...


Since we had all three little girls together, we decided to get their picture taken. They turned out adorable! What was even more fun, was to see these three interact without anyone else in their way. Cuteness explosion!




Hogle Zoo
I bought a season pass to the zoo this year and I am so glad I did! We have gone a bunch and with the new exhibit, it had been a blast! My kids LOVE animals and since we don't have pets, and don't plan on getting them anytime soon, the zoo will have to do. Here are some pictures of various trips...










My Birthday:
I had a fabulous 30th Birthday! It became more of a Birthday Week with all of the festivities including a date night out with friends, girls lunch, and breakfast with my family up at one of my favorite places, Ruth's Diner...
And since we were already so close, why not go to the zoo again?!
My brothers were the best to come along...

Happy Birthday to me! Who wouldn't be happy to be 30 when you have the cutest little family ever!

Paddle Boarding:
My parents and the Fords each bought a paddle board and they are awesome! We had such a wonderful time taking the kids out for little rides right in our lake down the road. They took turns playing on the beach or being out in the lake with us. It turned out to be a perfect afternoon followed by slurpees-something my kids never get so it was a real treat!


Summer Sundays:
And to close my summer post, I will leave you with these pictures of our family after church. I love that we can walk to church when the weather is nice...

Until next year, we will miss you summer!

No comments: