Sunday, August 5, 2012

Swimming Success

I think these videos speak for themselves...

I couldn't be happier with our experience with Swim Kids over at Dive Utah. My children LOVE to swim and are safe doing it thanks to the progress made with these lessons. We have taken a break from lessons over the summer, but with the numerous trips to the pool, I can see that they are very confident in the water and that makes me proud!
Capri is my little fish. I cannot believe the difference the past year of lessons has made for her. She can float on her back even after swimming freestyle, she is learning to breathe even better, and now she doesn't even need goggles! The past few pool trips she has told me, "Mom, I can open my eyes under water! I don't need my goggles this time!" She says it with such excitement, but I am even more excited!
Roman is still a rockstar in the water. He has conquered dolphins and freestyle with breathing. He even started getting timed swimming the length of the pool and his teacher said he is ready for precomp. I don't think we are up for swim team yet (he is only 5!), but maybe next year. He had his first "race" during a lesson when he and another girl having a lesson swam against each other. Roman beat her and immediately said, "I beat you! I beat you!" I guess we need to work on sportsmanship, but I was pretty proud of him beating an older girl!
My little Koko. How cute is she in the water?! Obviously Karoline still has a lot to learn, but she is doing great so far. She mastered her floats and even started to learn her "chicken, airplane, soldier" on her back. My favorite thing, however, is when she sits on the wall, puts her hands above her head, and falls head first into the water. She does it with a smile and I can't get enough of it!
My little swimmers!

Thank you Grammy for giving us such great lessons!

No comments: