Sunday, August 14, 2011

Little Lady Ballet Take 2!


I was happy to enroll Capri into Little Lady Ballet Camp this summer hoping she would enjoy it more and actually participate this time around...and she did! The very first day she was hesitant and didn't want me to leave. I took her downstairs and sat her on the pink benches and told her that only ballerinas were allowed to stay. As soon as Miss Connie and Miss Natalie noticed her and welcomed her, she was just fine and I slipped out. Sure enough, she had a great day and was happy to go back the next day. I was thrilled! More than this being an experience for her in dancing, I wanted her to feel comfortable being away from Mom while trying something new. Miss Connie even said how cute Capri had been this year and how much more she was willing to do.
I think it also helped to have her friend Mikayla, my dear friend Nicole's daughter, in the class with her. Just look at these two, so darling!The last day was a Garden Performance and Miss Connie's and Capri was so excited to be in her new tutu and leotard. We got there and started taking pictures (and my camera was being awful and so many of them are blurry-argh!) and Capri was being so sweet and willing to pose. I even got her to take a picture with me:Unfortunately, as soon as she realized that her class was supposed to show everyone in the audience what they had learned, she froze. She kept sticking her hands in her mouth (something she does routinely when she is nervous or upset) and telling me she didn't want to do it. What a stinker! Thank goodness she showed me all of her "new moves" right after when no one else was watching. I got some great footage that I will upload soon!
Here she is on the pink bench with her new wings as happy as can be that the performance is over!
I stole this picture from a friend of mine (there were so many girls from high school whose daughters were in Capri's class-so much fun!)-the cutest bunch of ballerinas I have ever seen!
Treats! Yay! Even Roman and Karoline got in on some yummy cookies and popsicles:
You couldn't ask for better teachers than Miss Natalie and Miss Connie. Having the best memories of Miss Connie as my ballet teacher so many years ago, I knew Miss Natalie, her daughter and my friend from high school, would be the perfect fit for Capri. She knows just how to engage them with everything from "putting on our make-up, rings and crowns" (while putting their fingers and bodies into position, to "let's fly to Disneyland today" (as they are doing their butterfly stretches. There are also sweet crafts and plenty of princess fun.
Miss Natalie and Capri:
We can't wait to start ballet again this fall!

No comments: