Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I may have gone over board. I did go over board. I was so excited for Roman and Capri's school Valentine's party that I set some high expectations of what fabulous boxes we would create. No shoe boxes here! Capri was going to have a princess castle and Roman a rocket ship. I found some possible designs online and thought, "No big deal, I can totally do that. Even better, this will be simple enough for Roman and Capri to really help, hooray!"
Three hours later I was rethinking my strategy. Who knew it would be so difficult working with oatmeal boxes and paper towel tubes?! I had never used so many different types of glue in my life. What a joke. That being said, they turned out pretty fabulous and the kids absolutely loved them. You can see by the look on their faces...

What was really funny was seeing all of the other Valentine's boxes the rest of the class had created. I was there to help with the party and I was feeling a bit sheepish when I saw a few covered shoe boxes and some decorated gift bags. Yeah, I went overboard.

No comments: