Sunday, February 6, 2011

Precious Moments

About six months ago, Tucker and I started reading scriptures with Roman and Capri as part of their bedtime routine. We read the illustrated, kid-friendly version that they can better understand, and it is amazing to me how much they do. Just the other night we were reading about Abinadi testifying of Christ being born to this earth. Before I even said his name, Capri and Roman pointed out baby Jesus and Mary. Though no picture was shown, it then talked about Christ being crucified. There was, however, a picture of our resurrected Savior in which both shouted out, "Jesus!"
After reading a few other books, we were talking about Jesus and how he is our friend. I told them that Jesus loved them very much and Capri replied, "I love you, Mom!" I then told them both how much I loved them when Roman then replied, "I love Daddy." Tucker wasn't even there, so you can see how much he favors his dad over his mom! We then said prayers and were getting ready to go to bed when Roman asked, "Mommy, where is Jesus?" I told them that Jesus lived in Heaven and it was beautiful there. Too, that was where their Uncle David lived. Capri then said, "I want to be with Uncle David." Precious.
The next day, Roman asked the same question again...because I obviously didn't give a good enough answer before! I told him that Jesus was in Heaven with Heavenly Father. I said that they love us so much that they want us to live with them someday in the beautiful place we call Heaven. I then explained that we need to be so good so that we can live with them. Capri then nervously asked, "Will Mommy and Daddy stay with us with Jesus so we don't get lost?" To that I replied, "Yes, Mommy and Daddy, and Roman, Capri, and Karoline, will all be together with Jesus."
I am so grateful for these precious moments and even more grateful to know that we are an eternal family. I know that sounds cheesy, but how true it is!

3 comments:

Nicole M said...

That is so special, and definitely something you'll want to remember...great job on writing it down! It's amazing what these kids pick up on at such a young age. I feel like I always have to be "on guard" and try my best to teach them. I love that you guys started reading scriptures with them each night. We need to start doing that with Mikayla!

Lindsey S. said...

So sweet!

Susie said...

Its so wonderful that they have parents that will take the time to teach them correct principles.