Saturday, November 13, 2010

Happy Halloween!

You can't have Halloween without carved or painted pumpkins and we did both! We had a great time with my family as we carved and let the kids paint. Capri was especially excited for her "bag dress," aka garbage bag with holes, and both of them thoroughly enjoyed the pumpkin experience.
Capri the artist:
Roman's exceptional work-check out the eyes, big nose, cheeks and smile. I know, he is a genius.And here is my masterpiece, Jack, with Capri's painted purple, then carved by daddy, pumpkin:
Halloween was a week long celebration for us, which was great as the kids got plenty of use out of their fabulous costumes. Before we get to them, however, I have to highlight some of my Halloween fun. Every year the girls in my neighborhood host a Witches Night Out. It's big. Everyone has to dress up, there are plenty of games/activities planned, and of course, tons of delicious food. The best part is definitely hanging out with this group. We had so much fun chatting and laughing!

Here is the whole group:
I love these girls! This picture portrays exactly how we spent most of the night, Cheri and I laughing uncontrollably, even for the sake of a picture (we tried taking it 3 times with serious "witchy" faces, but to no avail for Cheri and I!):
Annelise Ross, me, Cheri, Jenn Phillips, Katie Bond

Ok, now we can get to the utter cuteness that is my kids dressed up, Roman as a knight, Capri as a princess (Cinderella to be exact), and Karoline as a dragon. Don't you love the theme?!
Here they are ready for the Primary Halloween Party, which was fabulous because they got to load up on games and candy while wearing their costumes as they should be worn (without the sweaters and coats on top!):Here is my princess...literally!She even had the glass slippers:My handsome knight. Thank goodness Roman was so excited about his sword because a knight wasn't exactly what he wanted to be. Ironman will have to wait until next year when his mom isn't worried about doing a theme!Me and the cutest dragon you have ever seen! The rest of these pictures were taken the night of Halloween. Considering the night was freezing cold with rain, we decided to go trick-or-treating early so we could head home to party with the Nielsons, Curtis', and Fords.Drew, Harry, I mean Tanner, and baby Lala as an adorable kitty:
My sister was awesome enough to dress up for the kids. Here she is as a pirate with baby London as a strawberry...and a darling strawberry at that!
The boys and their babes:
Nothing could have made this night better for Roman and Capri than to have their cousins to join them. Here is Kaleb as Yoda, Roman, Spencer as John Lennon (awesome that he already knows and loves the Beatles, he must be a Curtis!), and Eli as a ninja:
Trick-or-treating in the cold rain, not my favorite part, but the kids had a great time. How is it that they could care less that it was wet and dreary out there? Thank goodness it meant we came back with just enough candy to keep smiles on their faces, but not too much to put pounds on mine! As far as the rest of the holiday, this has been my favorite year. The kids loved putting up all of Grammy's old Halloween decorations, singing songs such as "What Are You Going To Be?" and "I'm a Mean Old Witch," going to all of the parties (they had one at school too!), and of course, dressing up. Good times.

2 comments:

Lauren and Eric said...

Oh my goodness... cutest costumes EVER! You are the cutest mom! And what a fun neighborhood you have to all dress up like that!

Lindsey S. said...

That is a lot of witches!

What a fun disney trip. Your family is adorable!