Monday, November 8, 2010

Gardner Village

We have started making a habit of going to Garnder Village every year before Halloween to see the witches. This year was no different and in fact, we went twice. Once with my friends and again with the family. It was so nice to have such perfect autumn weather on both occasions and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
These are the best of friends and our kids. It was kind of insane trying to get our kids to take a picture, but you get what you get and I think this is pretty darn good:
Capri, Roman, Karoline, me (with no makeup on and after running so sorry!), Mikayla, Nicole, Naomi, Erika, Carson, Jessica and Charlie. Wow, we are getting to be a big group!

The next trip included a pony ride which the kids absolutely loved. I didn't even need to hold Capri's hand this time, she was so brave! Roman kept telling me to look at all the poop (which was mostly just mud, but I am sure there was poop too) so I was glad to stand back and just take pictures of my cowboy and cowgirl:

We also did the petting zoo. Roman and Capri have always loved animals, but Capri maybe even more. However, she is getting to be a bit of a priss these days and didn't want to do much more than touch them. Here is Roman giving these big bear hugs to every goat and sheep he can see, and then Capri who is barely touching it and saying, "no mom, this is good," when asked if she would hug them. I was dying laughing because I realized she is definitely her mother's daughter, I hadn't touched a single animal and wasn't going to start!
Since Cheri has gone back to work, my mom has been taking London. She is always up for coming along, baby in tote, and I love that it gives me extra time with my niece. What's even better, is that our outings usually include Susie and Drew with her baby Isla, which means a lot of babies and a caravan of strollers. I love it!
My mom and baby London:Drew, baby Isla and Grammy:
Baby Isla giving us smiles:
And last, but definitely not least, baby Karoline (with one shoe on and pants that I made too short!):
My favorite part of our outing to Gardner Village came last, the throwing of the leaves. My kids were in heaven as they gathered up as many leaves as they could and then would throw them up in the air. They were laughing so hard and could not get enough of it! And honestly, what is better than hearing your kids laugh?


It doesn't get much better than this for fall!

No comments: