Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Bear Lake With My Girls!

An overnighter with my best girls...it was just what the doctor ordered! Nicole called me to report that her cabin (a.k.a beautiful and enormous vacation home) was available for us to use. We managed to pull it together by getting babysitters (thank you Mom and Tucker!) and work off and were on the road within a couple of days. Woo woo!
Our first stop- La Beaus of course! Yes it was 10:00pm, a bit late for food, but I managed to down some onion rings and the best ever raspberry shake. Mmmmm...
Just FYI on who's who if you haven't been reading my blog in the past-pictured below is Julie, Nicole, me, Jessica and her sweet little boy Charlie whom we all love and adore:As if we didn't have enough time to catch up on the ride to Bear Lake, we stayed up until 3 in the morning talking, laughing, and talking some more. I can't remember the last time I was awake at that hour and I don't plan on doing it again anytime soon, but it was well worth the girl time I don't normally get.The next morning, we woke up to the realization of how much we ate the night before so we decided some exercise was in order. Just a nice long and brisk walk into town...and more talking ensued. As we walked past this home, I was in shock of the thousands of gorgeous flowers surrounding it. What was more surprising, however, was the fact that this little old lady was out working and had accomplished this all on her own!I challenge you to find a more pristine and beautiful lake than Bear Lake. I also challenge you to find a colder one! We couldn't let the cold keep us from enjoying the scenery and what the lake had to offer, so we screamed all the way in until we made it safe and sound onto the raft. Once we were there and had started to dry off, life was good:
What I wouldn't give to have time to just lay out in the sun with my girlfriends-that never happens with kids anymore and there I was!Then we had to run back to the beach and there was even more screaming and running with our arms up!Mexican food in Bear Lake? What? And it's fabulous? Folks, this is Cafe Sabor and it is delicioso!Nicole was sweet enough to want to celebrate me and Jessica's birthday so she made a yummy treat (did we eat the entire time? yes, we did, and I have no regrets!) and they even sang happy birthday. Thank you!A moment out on the porch before we have to depart. As cute as we are, what is even better is the reflection of the lake and mountains you see in the windows. Wow that place is pretty!

Thank you girls for a fabulous time away and thank you Nicole for allowing us to use this incredible place. I had such a great time simply spending time with all of you and I am so excited to add this trip to the many fun memories I have of Bear Lake.

2 comments:

Nicole M said...

That was so sweet!! You're right...this is just another addition to the MANY memories we have together up at Bear Lake. I love it. I think the only thing we didn't do this time was use the playhouse and get dressed up like we used to, haha! Thanks for coming and getting babysitters...that was such a FUN and needed getaway!! Love you

Lindsey S. said...

How fun! I love girl get togethers!