Monday, August 10, 2009

24th of July 10k

Some of the Curtis family decided to run the 24th of July 10k together. None of us are big runners by any means, but with the help of each other and some serious glucosamine for our 80 year-old knees, we did it! It was actually a lot of fun and I can finally understand why so many people enjoy racing-it really makes running exciting. I loved all the people camped out along the parade route cheering us on, some even handing out hot dogs (not really what you're in the mood for, however, while running at 7:00am), and just the overall spirit of the runners was awesome. Tucker, Cody and Richard ran ahead, while Cheri, my Dad and I kept to a leisurely pace (like a fat 10 minute mile pace) behind and that was just fine by me. What topped the race day was a trip to Kneaders for their delicious cinnamon rolls-we had totally earned it!
Before the race...nice and fresh at 6:00AM:Tucker, Alysha, Cheri, Cody, Dad and RichardWe are done and still feeling good!!!

9 comments:

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

WOW, that is VERY impressive! You all so sporty and stylish in your running gear!

Katie M. said...

Way to go, Alysha! That's just awesome. I'm glad cinnamon rolls made it into your post race menu:) Very well deserved indeed!

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

who cares if it was a 10 minute pace...better than my ZERO minute pace! :) good for you guys! so cool! Keep it up...my friends love doing them like once a month!

Rhandi said...

Go Alicia! Races are the BEST! We have been in Utah for about a week now, our house is almost done! Lets play soon this week or next if you are up for it! I can't wait!!

Maquel said...

Any race on the 24th of July is one that I think should not be done, so I give you extra props. Way to go!

Mom of three ♥ said...

That is so cool you all ran! Derek's wife Britt ran it as well and a lot of my family slept out on the parade route.

Joy said...

I am incredibly impressed, Alysha! Might I add that you looked fabulous, too!

The Paulks said...

You guys are so awesome... I think I jogged about 10 feet today with the kids... how is that for impressive? :)

Lindsey S. said...

I so admire you!