Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away...

17 days of consecutive rain here in Utah-crazy! And my kids WENT CRAZY being cooped up all that time inside. So, what did we do all day? A lot of baking, play dough playing, coloring, fort building, finger painting, reading, yoga (Roman and Capri have killer downward dogs), and of course, putting lotion in our hair. Yes, lots of lotion. I knew the kids were up to no good as they were being weirdly quiet the other day and this is what I found...
Roman thought it was time for a new do!
As did Capri! When I first saw Capri, she looked at me and most casually just said, "soap!" No big deal, right?Since I had the camera out, I decided to take a few shots of our fort (a.k.a. cardboard box with a blanket on top):
Bye Mom!
Peek-a-boo!

If the lotion in the hair wasn't enough, the day continued with another fun moment. I got the kids in the tub to get the goop out and was relieved there wasn't any poop left more me to clean out-you never know with Roman in water! Anyway, Roman wouldn't have anything to do with getting his diaper put on so I decided to get Capri dressed and ready really quick while Roman was running free. Bad idea. I was in the bathroom when Roman came in with toothpicks in his hands. I was wondering where he even got them so I decided to follow him back into the kitchen. There they were. Two logs of poop with toothpicks sticking out. I can't describe to you the nastiness factor. Let's just say that I won't be potty training either of these kids any time soon!

As much as I loved the fabulous thunder and lightning storms, we are thrilled to have this great sunny weather back and have jumped into summer with time outside, watering flowers, playing with the hose, and the favorites-park and pool time. Pictures to come. Yay for summer!

6 comments:

Rhandi said...

I hope more thunder and lightening comes when we move to Utah! How are you? I can't wait to have a play date in August! Did I tell you we decided to live in Provo instead of Pleasant Grove? We will still see each other though, just an extra few minutes.

Nicole M said...

Haha, that toothpick poop story is nasty! I just laughed when you told me that over the phone...these kids are so funny! Let's get together again soon!

Mom of three ♥ said...

Oh, man. I am so worried about what my twins will start to do with each other. They already at 12 months get into trouble with doing naughty things together, I can only imagine once they get older and think of more things to do! Your kids are dang cute though.

Lana said...

eeewww!!!!!I am scared to potty train. Amanda dose sit on the potty now but that is it.

Danielle said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! It has been a long but very special experience for my family. I will be here in Utah until the 9th, so it would be so fun to get together and see everyone.

christensen crew said...

WOw Alysha, your kids suddenly look so grown up in these pictures! They are so darling...and we are potty training too....never easy! How are you liking Daybreak?