Monday, June 8, 2009

Heritage Park

I am really lacking in the blogging department these days, but I have so much to catch up on that it seems overwhelming! I go to start a post and end up just looking at everyone else's blogs-so much easier and entertaining. Please tell me I am not the only one that gets in these ruts and I will soon be out of it.
Moving on. The Nielson kids have a new love and that is the Heritage Park. My sister-in-law Jesse introduced this magical place to me last month (I know, how sad is it that I have never been after living in Utah for all this time!) and we have been four times already. My kids have so much fun and it is the perfect way to burn through a morning. Their favorite part is definitely the petting zoo (surprise, surprise), but the little playhouses are a close second. We always make time for the train ride and may even get an ice cream cone. A fun outing every time!
Roman and Capri, brother and sister, petting the baby lambs which were also brother and sister. Aaawww.Not so cute-the poo all over the lamb's tail as Capri is pointing out:Capri loved having the animals, free and caged, to lick her hand. She was so excited to see this calf, but when it wouldn't have anything to do with her, she freaked out with frustration. Don't worry, that little lamb calmed her right down.Roman needs adventure and he found it with this duck. He chased that poor thing around forever!Welcome!Roman on the play train:We met up with my brother's family for my nephew Eli's birthday. I am so glad we get to spend more time with these guys as my kids just adore them!
Spencer and Eli:I introduce to you, the easiest 2 year-old to photograph, my nephew Kaleb with his dad Rob:Me and Jesse-I know we are in-laws, but I swear we could be real sisters!My cute dad and mom who were wonderful to come and help with the kiddos:

10 comments:

Mom of three ♥ said...

That is a fun place. We went there last year a few times with all the nieces and nephews.

Let the Good Times Roll said...

I am glad you posted about that. I went to take Lance there last week, and we didn't end up going because I also had two very high maintenance 5 year old girls with me, who I knew would get bored within 15 minutes and want to leave and I didn't want to pay the money to get them in just to leave, but now it makes me want to go back with just Lance. Very cute. Did you buy a season pass (do they have those), or do you just pay every time you go?

nickandtif said...

Love these pictures! A train ride? I will have to take my boys there!

Nicole M said...

I love that petting zoo...those little lambs are precious! Your kids are so cute with them. Heritage park looks like so much fun...I'll have to head up there this year. I can't wait to see you on Thursday!! I love hanging out with you and am thrilled you live here now :)

Lindsey S. said...

How fun. You're such a fun momma!

Maquel said...

I have also recently discovered Heritage Park and I'm also a fan. I didn't realize that they had so much stuff there and it is a nice change of pace from other places.

Claire said...

What a fun idea, I will have to try that out. Your kids are growing so fast, they are darling!

Lana said...

I am glad that you are back in uath. I hope to get out there this summer sometime to see everyone.

christensen crew said...

Oh fun, we are fans of the park as well. My kids LOVE it, and I do to! So glad to hear that you are back in Utah!!! I bet your family is so happy to have you home! Your house looks darling!

Katie M. said...

You look beatutiful! And your hair is so pretty.

And how sweet are you? Thank you for all the cute comments on my blog/facebook wall. Seriously, you have to be one of the nicest people on the planet. You've just made my day.