Tuesday, March 24, 2009

On the Road Again...

We have had a bad couple of weeks around here (more on that later) so when we found out we had Friday off, we made the very last minute decision to leave that night for San Francisco. I packed up as fast as I could, got kids in their pjs, and we were off by 7:30pm. Six hours later, we arrived at the home of Tyler and Mindy-Tucker's brother and his wife as well as the BEST hosts anyone could ask for. Seriously, who is up for a family including two two year-olds to come and take over your home with 10 hours notice?
We are so glad they were up for having us because we had such a fabulous time! We woke up Friday morning and took the kids for a walk to feed the goats and horses. As you may have guessed, my animal-loving children were in heaven. It amazed me how fearless they were in feeding the goats and how they wanted desperately to be on the other side of the fence so they could play with them. I thoroughly enjoyed the walk because of how much I love the neighborhoods and homes in Palo Alto. The homes have so much character and when you add the many mature trees and greenery, you have quite the scenic route!
Capri could not get enough of these little furry creatures:
Lily handing out some apple...that Roman tried eating after the goat got a good lick of but dropped.Roman loved feeding them so much that after we ran out of carrots and apples, tried giving the goats clumps of dirt. They weren't happy about that.
The next day, all of us took a hike up to the dish near Stanford. We couldn't have gone at a more perfect time of year considering the hillsides were covered in that bright new spring green. Unfortunately, we were facing potential rain, so rather than getting to the top to take pictures, we made a workout of it and raced all the way down. Here are the kids getting their wiggles out once we got down to the bottom-always so happy to be running around after being cooped up in the stroller:
What really made the trip for me was simply hanging out and letting the kids play while us adults talked and talked.
Here are the cutest bunch of cousins you ever saw-and with all the same coloring, you know they are cousins!Roman wasn't so pleased being with all the girls, so we let him sith this one out-here is Ava, Capri and Lily:

Tucker and I had a first this past weekend and that was two date nights in a row-so nice! We left the kiddos at home and in bed so we could go out to dinner, see a movie, chat it up, and eat delicious pastries...which led to a lot of laughing. As much as I would like to have pictures to record our adult fun, I didn't even think to bring the camera. Something about no kids equals no camera.

We really can't thank Tyler and Mindy enough for such a nice weekend. It was a much needed break and we had such a wonderful time. We love you!

5 comments:

Maquel said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun! I love San Francisco. How nice to getaway!

Maquel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

Such cute cousins! Hey, when Jessica leaves, I want to chat with you! Give me a call when you are not so busy!

Mom of three ♥ said...

Looks like a nice getaway!Your kids are just too cute!

Lindsey S. said...

That is so good to get a break now and then! I love that you guys just picked up and left! James and I are big planners. I don't know if we could do that but I so envy you!

P.S. I was walking into Costco yesterday and someone grabbed my arm. I looked over and it was Keith and Suzy! I hadn't seen them in a while, it was so fun to see them! It was there first time seeing Bailey too.