Saturday, March 28, 2009

We Had Visitors!

This is Jessica, one of my best friends I have had since I was 3 years old, and her mom Charlotte-the best houseguests ever! When was the last time your guests cleaned, took the garbage out regularly, cooked, and brought the sweetest little baby boy for you to hold? It really was such a great week to talk, hang out with Charlie, walk, eat out, take a day trip to La Jolla, and enjoy life poolside.
This was definitely the highlight of the trip-having little Charlie here:A perfect day at the pool:Jessica and Charlie:
The kiddie pool was pretty cold so the kids would get in to their waists and have to run right out:
Despite the frigid water, I think Roman was having fun, what do you think?
Capri was in heaven too!
La Jolla is always a treat, but especially with this group! We saw, and smelled, the seals, walked along the bluff and checked out some fun shops.
The Girls plus Charlie:
The Boys:No trip to La Jolla is complete without a little taste of back home-apple pie caramel apples from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory...unfortunately Roman only got the real apple leftovers:Capri loves her uncle Jon and calls him by name everytime we take her upstairs (because that's where he always is!). Best buddies:It was so great to have you and I am so glad you made the trip out. I love you and can't wait to see you again...and Charlie!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Alysha, it is snowing here and my mom and I are crying that we had to come home!!! We had SO MUCH FUN! We loved La Jolla, the pool, Swammi's, eating, taking walks... but especially talking to you guys and catching up on so much! The Curtis family is so great and it was a much needed trip to spend time with you. Thanks for being such a great host! See you in a couple weeks.

Mom of three ♥ said...

Looks like you had a great time! It is always nice when good friends can come to visit. I hope we will see you in a few weeks at the farwell.

Jen said...

Eh-hem, I recall when we were at your house we cooked. But we didn't take out the garbage, so I guess we don't win the prize. :)

Nicole M said...

Oh that looks like such a FUN trip!! All those pictures are beautiful. I love that second pic of charlie too. I was laughing because Mikayla and Capri have the same white swimsuit from Janie and Jack!! I just bought it because it was on sale...it looks adorable on her, so I can't wait to see it on Mikayla this summer. You look darling by the way!! Great chatting with you the other day.

nickandtif said...

I'm so glad you got to have some "girl time" together with Jessica! Did Jessica really just have a baby? She looks WAY too good in a swimsuit! Little Charlie looks so darling, I want to hold him. Your kids are so adorable. I want our twins to meet!