Thursday, January 8, 2009

Twas the Night Before Christmas...

Christmas was absolutely spectacular this year and I was loving the fact that I got to spend it with my entire family. It all started on Christmas Eve, probably my favorite day of the year. We do the whole ham and funeral potato dinner, yum, but the best part of the menu were my rolls and orange butter. Thank you Kelly! We had Cheri's in-laws and Tucker's parents over for dinner which made it even better, the more the merrier has always been the case with the Curtis Clan! We all played Scategories, talked, laughed a lot and hung out with the niece and nephews. Once it was time for the kiddies to go down, we put them in their Christmas jammies (a tradition that I will never let go) and started taking a few pictures. Kaleb loves the camera and kept getting in front to say "cheese" which then led Capri to actually smile for me. Hooray!


Watching Rudolph:Checking out the tree. I love this tree as my mom as kept so many of the ornaments we had growing up...even the ugly felt ones that she absolutely treasures.
The girls, Jesse, me, my mom, Cheri and Capri:
Roman hanging out with his aunt Cheri:She must be pretty entertaining!
My nephew Kaleb who is only 4 months older than the twins. Yeah for a cousin the same age!
The excitement is building!
Capri playing her favorite game of peek-a-boo behind the couch:Capri finally being cute for me. She really started to hate me with the camera in hand, but Kaleb was making her pretty jealous!Cheri and my nephew Eli all cuddled up.

Spencer wasn't up for the camera on Christmas Eve, but he couldn't help but smile once he found his Harry Potter game and Scrabble. Yes, he just turned six last month and he is an awesome Scrabble player along with Eli. These kids are crazy smart!

Unfortunately, Tucker and I had a rough night with the twins (literally up ALL night!), but all was right with the world when my nephews Spencer and Eli came in to tell me that "Santa came because we see the cookies and carrots were eaten!" The excitement was so contagious coming from these two boys that I forgot all about the lack of sleep. We took our sweet time opening presents and loved every second of it. The only thing that would have made our morning better would have been crepes served with fresh fruit and nutella. Oh wait, we had that!
Later that afternoon, Tucker and I took the kids to see Grammy and Grampy and Tanner and Drew. Again, more delicious food and more fabulous presents. Our trip to Cancun was a great gift (those pictures to come), but we enjoyed the trip even more with this little present. The Nintendo DS and the game Brain Age. Love it and seriously recommend it!

As you can see, a great couple of days and being with our fam was definitely the best part. We love you all and miss you already!

5 comments:

Mom of three ♥ said...

Another fun post! I loved seeing the kids all ready for when Santa came! I have always loved the Christmas Jammies on Christmas eve tradition ever since I was little and and now do it with my own kids!

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

You guys look so cute! Looks like a fabulous Christmas! Can't wait for Mexico pictures!!!

Nicole M said...

Wow, what an update! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas, but I was especially excited to see you while you were in town! Thanks for making that happen...I know things were busy for you! Can't wait to see updates of Cancun as well. How did the twins do at night over there?

Maquel said...

I hope you guys had a great Christmas! We were actually in your neck of the woods over New Year's.

Katie M. said...

I loved your photos below on the beach- they are gorg and your kids are huge, Alysha... (in an age sense, not physical:)).. darling kiddo's and beautiful (handsome, I mean, for Tucker:)) parents!!