Monday, May 13, 2013

Capri at age 6


Capri has turned into Mother's Helper. I cannot get enough of it! She loves to help me in the kitchen, she has turned into an awesome cleaner, is a great baking assistant, and she does a great job "leading" Roman and Karoline. This means she can be a bit bossy at times, but I guess that is typical of the oldest daughter!  Overall, however, I think she will be such a help when this new baby comes and I am so grateful for her and her willingness to be there for me when I need it most!
Capri is one smart cookie and her teacher insisted she also be tested for the Gifted ALPS program. She is a stellar reader and she loves the fact that she can read anything as we are going through town or looking at books. Capri loves going to school, loves her teacher, Mrs. Thayer, and loves seeing her friends most.
Friends are a big deal right now for Miss Capri. She would love a friend over at all times if I let her. She asks to play with Kalli Guymon, Sophie Newman, and Tatum as of late (which is great considering they did not get along at the beginning of the school year and now act like best friends!). With Roman having the neighbor boys over so much, Capri often has to be one of the boys and she usually does great. They can be a bit rough at times, but for the most part, she is happy to have any friends over.
Capri is quite the dancer these days. She takes ballet and a jazz/tap combo class at Utah Dance Artists and she absolutely loves it. She is always so anxious to go and I love that she smiles her way through those two hours. I cannot wait for her recital!

It has been a fabulous year for Capri and here's why...
*Capri can ride a two-wheeler! It was such an accomplishment as she had to really overcome her fears. So proud of her and so happy that she loves riding her bike all the time now.
*She loves to make her own breakfast consisting of toast with butter and jam or honey. She will even make some for Karoline or Roman.
*Speaking of toast, it is one of her favorite things to eat. She also likes carrots and ranch, turkey and cheese, and quesadillas.
*Capri is my budding artist. She thoroughly enjoys her time with a marker, crayon, or paintbrush in hand. She still loves rainbows, but she also draws princesses, her and her friends or family, kittens, butterflies, and the beach.
*I taught her how to play "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" on the piano and she plays it once a day. Piano lessons are definitely in her future.
*Can whistle better than me.
*She loves playing tennis in St. George and I think she would say it was her favorite sport. We started with a new season of soccer this spring and she has never played better. She is much more willing to go after the ball, even when there are a bunch of kids in the way.
*Capri is desperate for a kitten...never going to happen, but cute nonetheless. She loves Buddy regardless of the fact that he bites and so I don't let her hold him. She will just watch him play in his cage and she will be the first to notice if he needs more food or water.
*There are few things she loves more than to get her nails painted.
*Loves to wear dresses, especially her pink fluffy one from Christmas.
*Although she has more stuffed animals than I can count, they are still her favorite things to buy or receive as gifts.
*Telling jokes with Roman and Koko is a sure fire way to keep this girl laughing, even if the jokes are made up and make no sense at all. In fact, those are the ones that make her laugh the hardest!
*Is still my sensitive girl, but is growing some tougher skin. Her shyness isn't nearly as prominent either. She still doesn't like to go up and sing with the Primary during Sacrament, but she was willing to dance the night away at the Richard's wedding. She is much more social now and makes friends wherever she goes.
*Swinging at the park is a favorite...as it has been since she was one.
Capri is loving, kind, and a bit of a firecracker. I wouldn't have it any other way. I love spending time with her as she has such insight and I can't wait to hear what she has to say. She is absolutely beautiful, inside and out, and I love her to pieces!

No comments: