Sunday, November 11, 2012

Tanners Flats

We had a few short weeks left with mountains full of color so we planned a night up the canyon with our family and great friends. We had the Nielsons, Fords, Curtis', Ross', Dickmans, Bonds, Durhams, and both sets of Olsens. It was quite a group and we fortunately found quite the spot! We all brought up our own main dishes and then a side dish to share. We had the best food (that seems to be all we do with these last couple of posts!) and of course s'mores for dessert. The kids played and played hiking around the site, digging in the sand volleyball courts, climbing on the boulders, and getting dirty! They loved the fire and all sharpened their marshmallow roasting skills. The adults had time to visit, eat, and enjoy the beautiful scenery. I love our mountains!
Here is Roman and Capri in the sand. Capri was showing off her X-jump:
The Dickmans have a set of boy/girl twins as well, Bella and Bo. We love them! Here is Capri and Bella:
I love that my family joins in on the fun. Everyone in our ward loves them and always invites them even before Cheri or I do!
We can be normal!
Roman and Uncle Richard roasting some hot dogs. I can't say it enough, but my kids have the best uncles ever.
It got pretty cold that night and so we had Capri all bundled up around the campfire:
Karoline was obsessed with the lantern, the fire, and the overall canyon experience. She was so happy just to be there!
 My boys. I love them. This is Roman most of the time-too busy to stop to take a picture!

No comments: