Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas Eve-my favorite holiday

Christmas Eve is the very best holiday. There is nothing better than snuggling up with my family, playing games, eating good food, watching the kids act out the nativity (or attempt to), and of course, the anticipation of the morning to come. It was my favorite part of Christmas growing up, and it is definitely still my favorite as a parent. This year we spent the day with my family. The kids absolutely loved being with their cousins, really nothing better to them than playing with "Spenspur, Kaleb, and Ewi." We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves as adults while the kids entertained themselves-love that we are to that stage now!Karoline's first Christmas Eve:
Every year we do a gift exchange among the kids and then another among the brothers and sisters. Capri and Roman's favorite gifts were from their cousins...favorite gifts. Why do I even bother?
Capri got a shopping cart:
And Roman got a gun that shoots foam discs and a glow-in-the-dark sword. You can see how much he loved them:The girls:My brother and his wife got my dad this shirt. Perfect considering we really did cut down our tree back in the day:
Cheri and my, I mean her, little London:
Rob, Jesse, and their cute boys, the best cousins ever to my kids:
The kids all snug in their Christmas jammies waiting for Santa to come!

1 comment:

Lindsey S. said...

You had so many updates! I loved them all. Your house is gorgeous! and your christmas card was fabulous!! All because of the adorable family on it!