Tuesday, May 11, 2010

We are a happy family...

Karoline doesn't cry too much, but if she does, it means that she is either hungry, has a bubble in her tummy, or needs to go to sleep. One of my favorite things of being her mom is getting her to go down for some zzz's. You simply need to swaddle her up tight, walk around or rock her, and sing songs. That last part is very important. Unfortunately, I have a terrible voice (just ask my fellow choir members...Maren-that's you!) so I try to sing easy primary songs such as "We are a Happy Family." That way too, Capri will join in and break up the pitchiness of my voice! As we were just celebrating Mother's Day, I realized how loving and happy my family is. I cannot believe how well Roman and Capri have been with the arrival of Karoline and I am so proud of them. They have relied more on each other for entertainment and have also become so interested in their baby sister. Just today, in fact, Roman got in the car and immediately asked, "Where is baby?" She had been at my mom's and he was so relieved to see her when we got home. I feel incredibly lucky to have such a sweet and happy family!
Here's what we have been up to:
Playing in Karoline's crib is a new favorite of Capri's...
Capri making Karoline smile...
Playing outside as much as possible (seriously, what is with the weather!)...
They absolutely love their new house...
A new favorite for Capri, an old favorite for Roman, riding bikes...
I love our street and Capri's hair in this pic...
Roman's new cheeser smile...

2 comments:

Lindsey S. said...

You have the cutest kids in the world! What an adorable perfect little family!

Mom of three ♥ said...

Adorable kids! I can't wait to see you all next week at the shower!