Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Card Craziness!

I was thrilled to get a great shot of the whole family last year for our Christmas cards. The kids were happy, the sun was setting, and although it was the second attempt, it took no more than a few minutes to snap that perfect picture. This year...different story. There had been three attempts (that's three different days of getting kids all dressed and ready!) and not a single card-worthy shot. AAAAHHHH!

It all started with getting the twins' passport pictures taken. Worst experience at the post office yet. Both kids were screaming as this strange lady (who was also in tears) tried to take their pictures while they were pinned up against the white wall. It didn't get much better when a few days later, I took them to get some portraits done at Target all done up in their fabulous Christmas attire. More crying, zero success. The manager taking the pictures felt so bad she has since offered plenty of coupons to come back. Not going to happen.

I decided that since my dad did such a fabulous job last year, we should go for the beach shot again with Tucker and I included. Check out some pictures that won't be on our Christmas card...

"Capri, look at Grandpa!""Sorry Capri, I shouldn't have told you where to look."Capri eating candy corn used to calm her down.Roman doesn't need candy corn, he likes rocks just fine.This was a cute picture of the two and I was tempted to use it!
So, that didn't work out as well as we had hoped. Next attempt was at home, in pajamas, all cuddled up in the kids favorite spot, mom and dad's bed. I am not going to show you a single picture because there wasn't a single one taken...lots of drama coming from that little girl and that little boy was having way too much fun jumping on the bed.

Ok, ok. What did we end up with? I am sure you are dying to see (actually I am surprised that you are still reading!).


And who knew all it would take was Polar Express in perfect view (moved the big ol chair right in front of the tv) and mom acting like an idiot with a monkey puppet on one hand and the camera in the other?

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

4 comments:

Mom of three ♥ said...

I think they are all adorable and hilarious! Now I know what I have to look forward to with pictures and my twins!! The last one is super cute, it always seems that us Mom's get to be the goofy one's just to get one good picture! I love it.. Sawyer would not smile in any of our pictures and Sadie was cheesing it up... Owell! We hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas and New years! Tell your family all hello.

Jessica said...

Alysha, it was so good to see you! I hope Mexico was a blast. These pictures are so cute. I can't believe how Curtis Capri is looking. She looks so much like Cheri!

Anonymous said...

we had to do the same thing with Amanda to get a picture. It is a pain but fun to have our kids.

Anonymous said...

the last comment was from me sorry.